Spent the morning trying to communicate and coordinate the data transfer changes that need to be made. The main problems in this process have again been communication and lack of understanding. L thinks because the fields are in Y's views that the data is being exported. Les has a different list of fields to me - he is missing committeeDate and has been asked to add E and N to all 3 weekly list tables whereas I've only been asked to update 2 - L explained this as future proofing!
The other main problem has been the non communication regarding the data types of the fields to be exported and what should be dates appearing as strings in SSIS.
I have changed the following tables on the intranet:
tbBuildingRegs
added apnid varchar(20)
tbWeeklyList_planningCommitteeList
added xcoord varchar(25)
added ycoord varchar(25)
some confusion here because these coords are floats in the the planning details apps table
tbWeeklyList_planningDecidedList
added xcoord varchar(25)
added ycoord varchar(25)
tbWeeklyList_planningReceivedList
added xcoord varchar(25)
added ycoord varchar(25)
tbPlanning_Details_List
added targetDate dateTime
added committeeDate dateTime - Les is seeing this as a string in his SSIS??
I have yet to change the corresponding tables on the web dat servers and update the dts from intranet to web dat.
Update 16:00
I've changed the data tables on the web data server
Updated the data transfer services to accomodate the changes and run them (these are the services that will be run tonight)
They all worked OK without any problems. The data that is now on the live web data server represents the data exactly how it's been requested in order to implement the recent change requests.
Next I will implement the changes to the code that produces the corresponding web pages to display the new information.
No comments:
Post a Comment